Integrated Engineering Turbo Muffler Delete MK8 GTI
The factory Garrett turbocharger found on the VW MK8 GTI and Audi 8Y A3 MQB Evo engine is equipped with a turbo outlet sound-deadening device. This factory-equipped turbo muffler is designed to sacrifice airflow performance to reduce turbo sound through a series of slots cut into the air chamber. This sound deadening strategy kills turbo sounds, introduces turbulence, and effectively slows down boost flow directly out of the compressor.
IE’s Turbo Muffler Delete replaces the stock muffler entirely with a high-quality CNC machined aluminum turbo outlet that offers an uninterrupted and smooth path for boost to flow cleanly out of the turbocharger. This cost-effective upgrade immediately increases airflow quality and unleashes all available turbo sound that your boosted MQB Gen 4 engine deserves.
Installing the new turbo muffler delete requires the same process and removal of the factory restrictive turbo outlet pipe. This is the perfect time to upgrade this part and provide a complete, uninterrupted, smooth path for compressed airflow to exit your turbocharger and increase the aiflow by 13.44% over stock! (IE turbo outlet pipe sold separately)
IE turbo muffler delete installs without any permanent modifications. The installation process can be done with basic tools but does require removing the belly pan, plastic mount clips, radiator fan, and turbo outlet pipe. Installing our IE turbo outlet pipe involves the same process, so upgrading both simultaneously is highly suggested.
- Replaces factory turbo silencer increasing turbo noise
- Smooth, uninterrupted design reduces airflow turbulence
- 3D scanning, rapid prototyping, and CNC machining for a perfect fit
- Radius edge with grip-lock ribbing for a secure and fail-proof boost hose connection
- Includes stainless steel installation hardware
- Black anodized for a long life and attractive finish
- Ideal match to IE Turbo Outlet Pipe upgrade